Monday, July 24, 2006

Show me the way to go home ...

... I'm tired and I want to go to bed...

I've made another important step forwards towards belonging: I got drunk in my new home town. Not outrageously, of course: just pleasantly. This is probably just as well, as I noticed in the local rag afterwards that there is a new "no drinking" zone in force in the town centre. In fact, things could well have gotten more out of hand if there had been any eateries open at half-past eleven. Plenty of pubs, of course, but no eatieries. Hey-ho.

Note: this escapade is in no way related to the previous rambling post; that came before.

For the last year and a half we've been educating our children at home. This really appeals to my hippie sense of resisting "the system" and having a more caring-sharing lifestyle. It seems that all good things come to an end, however. My eldest daughter has decided she wants to return to school, and has spent the last week of the summer term at her new school. This has caused the middle two to say they want to go back to school, too. I've got a strange feeling of disappointment, like something wonderful has come to an end. I'm sure this will open doors to other, good things, but at the moment I don't know what they are. I'll keep you posted.

... I had a little drink about an hour ago ...

No comments: