Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hi fiddle-de-de ...

... an actor's life for me!

Well, all-round entertainer perhaps. That doesn't really scan. But I'm digressing: I timidly joined in down t'pub a couple of nights ago to see what the local folk club does of a Tuesday. Seems they sit around singing and stuff. I might go again ...

There seems to be a hotspot of thespian - nay performing arts - societies round our way. In fact, we're considering joining one. This evening's entertainment will be ... down the pub with a local theatrical society. I'll let you know how we get on.

"This weather, eh?" "Pfff - blimey!"
Yup, it's media silly season again. Only The Register seems to be capable of anything interesting to read recently. I do like the little dig at the fabled absence of irony from the US dictionary in their article on "Idioms wilting in the heat". Perhaps their suggestion on "The colour of irony" should be tabled at the W3C.

That's quite enough linkage for one post. Break a leg ...

No comments: