Friday, April 07, 2006

Dizzy ...

... I'm in a spin.

I've got that "Stop the world! I want to get off!" feeling. Suffering with a bit-of-a-cold (no, not that "Man Flu" - whatever that means), I am rapidly entering a flat spin as the impending house move looms ever nearer. I do love a good mixed metaphor ...

On a different subject: Synical Marketing Ploy Alert! If our greeting card industry is the envy of the world, it is because they successfully manufacture occasions to buy them. Easter is the tip of the iceberg, I reckon. Father's day: since when? Now there's granparent days and goodness knows what else. I'm wondering whether it's not a QUANGO which dreams up "National <whatever> Day"s after all. Maybe it's the Greeting Card Association. I do love a good conspiracy theory ...

Like a whirlpool, it never ends ...

No comments: