Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We're lovin' it like that ...

Get this: Coke-smuggling granny jailed for eight years. Why is it that this just sounds funny? If it was some disaffected youf, then it'd be shameful and somehow make the world seem a slightly less safe place to be. As it's billed as a "granny", it sounds somehow cuter. Ir is that just me?

Of course, when you read the article, you find out she's only 52 - and therefore in solid "Ma Barker" territory. Return to scary. [Note: not "Ma Baker" - as sung by Boney M - though that refers to the same person .. just got the name wrong.]

Good grief! "Only 52" says me. According to my dear daughter, anyone over 30 is decrepit. I must be getting old .. or at least growing up. (Is that worse?)

Here's to senescent crime ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't talk to me about being old. As the sage once said, you are only as old as the women you feel, and as mine is older than me, there is no hope.

Once my eldest made Big School(tm) I realised my usefulness in life was ended. So, just for someone to pay me oodles to sit in a bath chair playing videogames, and all would be well with the world.

Unknown said...

P'raps someone to pay me to sit in a bath chair writing video games ...

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. Without the bath-chair.

Ack, not overly recommended.