Thursday, February 23, 2006

Run me out in the cold rain and snow ...*

Well, it's not really a winter wonderland - so that song doesn't apply.

I'd like to say that I've had my first experience of riding through snow. That sounds kind'a romantic. It conjours up an eerily quiet and still scene with the lone biker carving his way carefully through the carpet of white.

The reality is, of course, all together more tedious. Sleet is a more accurate description of the weather this morning: frozen enough to fall slowly and get into the cracks and wet enough to cloud my vision and get everything messy.

But, hey! I'm sat at work now, in the warm, watching the drips on the window. I suppose I ought to get on with something meaningful ...

* there ain't many songs which talk of sleet .. thank goodness for the Grateful Dead. As always ;^)

No comments: